Sunday, February 13, 2011

2007 Novy Family Wines Syrah Page Nord (USA, California, Napa Valley)

Dark it is. Real dark. The nose has predominant black-cherry and Kirsch Royal. There is some red currant and blackberries in there too. There is a very pretty spring flower note in there. The palate has all of those fruits I just mentioned with an explosion in your mouth. Black cherries and blueberry compote. Shows slightly hot, but time should bring that in line. A very lush and full mouthfeel with gobby red and black fruits. There is an interesting linseed oil quality I really like. This is a full throttle and in your face Syrah, not for the faint of heart. The finish is long and luxurious with memories of black cherries. I might hold my next bottles for BBQ season. 90 pts.

(or I might give them away, and I did).

No comments: