Friday, July 1, 2011

2003 Double Diamond (Schrader) Cabernet Sauvignon Mayacamas Range (USA, California, Sonoma County)

And it's still vibrant yet. (open 30 minutes) The nose is all pretty cherry cola and red raspberries with cardamom and soil. The nose is incredibly focused with deep plushy fruits. This is pretty consistent with my last note. There is some red/black fruits of currant and cherries with plum pumice and hints of Kirsch. Balance is decent with the lean toward acidity heavy. Tannins are resolved and all in this this really is an incredible deal for what I paid. ($15).
I really can't find much to fault this other than being slightly foursquare and lacking just a bit more elegance, but for what it is, it is (and it is a 2003 Napa Cab). I score this 91 in for its QPR value tonight. I will keep my eyes open for----more. Thomas really does rock.

No comments: