Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What do point scores mean to me?

Lots of talk of this subject as of late. Good points made on both sides of the wall. Me? I am solidly aground in my use of them. I think they work well for my needs and give me a yardstick to judge all wines that cross my lips.

When reading others notes I really have no use for the points UNLESS I know the tasters preferences. Descriptors are more important to me than point scores 98% of the time.

I know what I like in a wine, but does that mean your button pushers are the same? No way.

I agree with BS, professional critics scoring schemes are different, but not. You must find a critic you align with, and only then feel comfortable relying on his scores can you purchase on his recommendation, but remember, there is nothing like tasting for yourself and making your own judgement.

Let's not abolish points just yet. They have a place, even if it's under your own roof.

But what the hell do I know?

No comments: