Thursday, October 4, 2007

2007 Polaner Selections Spring Portfolio -part 2 (US Pinots)

Part 2 - Pinots

2005 Melville Pinot Noir Terraces- Light in color but big in taste. Great cherries and tar. Very Burgundian in style. A crowd pleaser. 3.6/4 (93)

2005 Melville Pinot Noir Carries - A bit more austere and reticent. Fruit is there, just hiding a bit for the moment. Should show well in a few years. 3.3/4 (90)

2005 Radio-Coteau Pinot Noir La Neblina- A very fruit forward Pinot with soft tannins. Smooth and elegant. 3.6/4 (93)

2005 L'Angevin Pinot Noir RRV- Super floral style of Pinot that I vcan love for 10 minutes, then be turned off for the rest of the evening. Silky mid palate. I just don't always know what to make of wines like this. 3.5/4 (92)

2005 L'Angevin Pinot Noir Sonoma Stage- Similar in style to the above, just a bit more lite bodied. 3.5/4 (92)

I also tasted Giacomo Conternos offering, as well as Mas Doix from Priorat.

Either I am missing something, or my palate has changed drastically. I was once a big fan of Barolos.

Priorats leave me with more questions than answers.

No comments: